Learn to love your job again.
At PLS 3rd Learning, we seek, hire, and reward talented people from all walks of life. While our main objective is to support K-12 education through the best ideas, strategies, and technologies, we welcome professionals of various backgrounds and experiences. The result is a bunch of talented people who get along, work well, and love their careers.
Interested in starting a new career with PLS 3rd Learning? Fire off your resume and cover letter to email@example.com today. We can’t wait to meet you.
Current Job Openings
PLS 3rd Learning is looking for a talented individual with both print and web experience – someone that is not just a great designer, but an excellent problem solver, a fast-learner, and a team player.
- At least 5 years experience as a graphic and/or web designer
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional interaction and visual design skills
- Bachelors degree in web/graphic design, other related fields, or substantial experience
- Ability to provide designs for mobile, web, and print applications
- Strong working knowledge of responsive web design
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
- Working knowledge of MailChimp and WordPress
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Desire to work on a team with other designers
- Ability to digest and respond appropriately to feedback from co-workers and clients
- Design print-ready marketing materials including brochures and ads
- Design web-related marketing materials including websites, emails, and social media images
- Design UX/UI layouts for complex web portals
- Create and/or edit landing pages, emails, and marketing websites
- Work with design team on ideas for upcoming marketing campaigns, as well as strategies and solutions for larger development projects
To apply, forward your cover letter, resume, references, salary requirements, and a link to your online portfolio to resumes@PLS3rdLearning.com.
Current Job Openings
Web Application Developer
Employee Type: Full-Time
Salary: Based on experience
Industry Type: Computer software & hardware
Position Location: Buffalo, NY
PLS 3rd Learning is an organization dedicated to the improvement of teaching and learning in K-12 schools through the development of technology-based systems and professional learning opportunities.
We are seeking a strong, self-motivated individual to help produce innovative solutions, develop and maintain multiple web applications and databases based on Microsoft technologies. The developer will be a contributing member of an energetic team of technology and education professionals. Our developers work closely together with internal team members and external customers to develop software to help resolve challenges in education. This position requires the candidate to design, code, test, and debug applications in major system modules.
This position requires a flexible 40-hour per week commitment, with some variation in the hours to be determined by the needs of the clients. Additionally, this position requires the ability to work full-time on-site in our Buffalo, NY office.
Mid-level: 4-7 years
Junior 1-3 years
Technical Skills Required:
- Commensurate years of experience working with Microsoft .NET Frameworks 2.0, 3.x, 4.x
- C#, ASP.NET Web Forms & MVC (WebForm Syntax/Razor)
- Application Themes, Skins, and CSS
- Localization and Globalization
- Understanding of HTTP Handlers and Modules
- Object-Orientated Programming
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA): Web Services, WCF and WebApi
- Must be able to perform most programming and analysis tasks independently with minimal direction
- Basic source control concepts
- Commensurate years of experience with SQL Server (Must be current in 2005 or 2008)
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases
- Data modeling and Entity relationship design
- Build & modify table structures
- Author and maintain T-SQL, Stored Procedures
- Reporting and Report Services
Windows Server Administration
- IIS 6+ configuration and management (Application pools, .NET framework, etc)
- Troubleshoot environmental issues
Educational Systems Support Specialist & Trainer
We are seeking an enthusiastic educational systems support specialist with exceptional communication skills and a background in education, who is dedicated to delivering an outstanding user experience. This position involves help desk user support and the delivery of face-to-face professional development workshops in web-based curriculum applications. This is an excellent opportunity to be a contributing member of an energetic team of education and technology professionals.
This role concentrates on customer service and training, and includes daily engagement with web-based teacher tools, learning standards, and curricula. This position requires a flexible commitment, with the ability to travel to deliver professional development and training within partner school districts.
The Educational Systems Support Specialist & Trainer will work closely with the Platforms & Applications Team, comprised of former educators and web developers, at PLS 3rd Learning.
The Educational Systems Support Specialist & Trainer will:
- Provide phone, email, and chat support to users of web-based education-related applications;
- Provide Quality Assurance testing of our web-based systems as needed;
- Coordinate and maintain the documentation of help desk materials and procedures;
- Provide general administrative assistance when needed;
- Participate in project planning and brainstorming around tools for teachers;
- Collaborate with the entire platforms & applications team to develop a shared vision for our tools and platforms, reflecting on usability and technological implications;
- Delivery of one and two-day workshops in web-based curriculum applications;
- Design of training and professional development workshops for K-12 educators;
- Assistance with coordination and tracking of workshops and workshop participants; and
- Assistance in creation of instructional manuals.
- 85% Help Desk/Technology Support
- 15% Training and Development of User Support Documentation
First and foremost, the successful candidate for this position must be a team player who is motivated by working in a collaborative environment, yet able to work independently and show a high level of initiative and self-motivation. The successful candidate must have a strong personal work ethic as well as a sense of accountability and responsibility. The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of K-12 education needs and the following minimum qualifications.
- Experience with customer support preferred;
- K-12 classroom teaching experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in education preferred;
- Excellent technology and troubleshooting skills;
- Polished and professional phone and email etiquette;
- Great communication skills;
- Patience while working with valued clients and customers;
- Positive and engaging personality with dynamic and engaging presentation skills;
- Experience delivering professional presentations, both online and face-to-face; and
- Strong working knowledge of curriculum design and development as well as various pedagogical approaches.
- Some travel is required;
- Candidate will be actively engaged with a team of educators and web designers;
- Candidate will exhibit flexibility and awareness of audience needs in professional development environments; and
- Positive, energetic, polished professional ready to make a serious commitment to our organizational mission and become a productive member of our team.
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Please provide your compensation requirements in your correspondence with us.
Please reply with resume and cover letter to resumes@PLS3rdLearning.com.
Seeking a top performing sales person with experience selling to K-12 education administrators.We are seeking a dynamic individual who can help with market analysis, online and face-to-face presentations and sales calls of a newly developed suite of software tools for school administrators. The position will be responsible for identifying and selling to prospects within the administrative ranks of school districts inside of New York State. While a significant amount of work can be done from our Buffalo office, significant travel across New York State is required.
Candidates must have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred);
- Knowledge of K-12 education systems;
- Successful track record in sales;
- Good technology skills;
- Excellent presentation, speaking and writing skills.
The successful candidate will be working with a small team of other professionals who will assist with the identification of new markets outside of New York State as well with the development of marketing materials and strategic approaches to sales.
Our compensation package is negotiable and based on experience. We offer a very competitive array of benefits as well as having a supportive and collegial environment in which to work.